Each year the BTA hosts various Tennis 10s events to offer fun, development and experience to its players ages 10 and under.
“.more financial support will be given to those nations which promote tennis 10s competitions in schools and clubs….[with the hope] that there will be growth not only in talented players but also in players participating in the sport”.
Ultimately, a key aspect of “increasing the base” relates to Junior Tennis, in particular “10 and under” players. The guidelines of the International Tennis Federation (ITF) are such that there are set milestones that should be met to transition from red ball to orange ball to green ball and ultimately to yellow ball. The majority of clubs and coaches in Barbados embrace the tenets of the ITF from their “10 and under” players. This includes the JTI programme offered at the National Tennis Centre (NTC) – transitioning from red ball to orange ball to green ball and ultimately to yellow ball.
Do you want to keep track of the various posts on Tennis 10s?
- Nationals 2020 Commences August 29 2020!
- National Tennis Centre closure – effective Friday March 27, 2020 from 6pm
- Tennis10s : Spring 2020 Edition – March 22
- BTA 2020 Tournament Calendar – 366 days of tennis!
- Independence Tennis10s – Congratulations to the 2019 Winners
- Independence Tennis10s – Coming Soon Sunday December 1 2019
- BTA 2019 Tournament Calendar – What’s Happening for the rest of the year?
- Why Should I Play Tennis?
- BTA Serves Up the JTI Programme at the NTC
- SAVE THE DATE : The BTA’s Easter Tennis Fundraising Family Fun Day : March 31 2019 (1 – 6pm)
- Spring Tennis10s Festival and Fun Day – Sunday March 31, 2019
- INDEPENDENCE TENNIS – BTA’s Fundraising Fun Day & Tennis10s Festival – December 2 2018 (1 – 6 pm)
- Tennis 10s Inter-primary School Festival 2017 – Sunday June 18, 2017 8.30am-2.00pm – POSTPONED TO SUNDAY JULY 9, 2017
- 50th Anniversary Tennis10s Tournament & Fun Day sponsored by Scotiabank – Sunday May 15, 2016
- 2016 Mint Conditioning Tennis10s Competition – Thursday January 21, 2016 – 8.30am to 1pm – (2015 event rescheduled)