Welcome to our website! We hope you will enjoy our presentation of local and overseas tennis and the galleries showing photos of local players and recent events, together with the links to other tennis related sites.
Do let us have your comments on the content of the website, and if you have any suggestions for additional tennis related topics that might be of interest to our readers..
Remember – Tennis is a sport which can be enjoyed by all regardless of age, ability, gender or social background. In Barbados, it is now accessible to more individuals through the Schools Tennis Initiative Development Programmes in primary and senior schools and programmes at the National Tennis Centre in Wildey, St. Michael.
The Barbados Tennis Association is the governing body of tennis in the island and oversees the development of all aspects of the game.
The Association is determined to welcome more people into the sport, to keep their interest alive and to help all players maximize their full potential.
See what is happening around the world on World Tennis Day at following link
World Tennis Day 2014
Barbados will be celebrating with our Tennis10s event on Sunday, March 2nd, 8:30am – 2pm at the National Tennis Centre. Come celebrate with us.
RESULTS after Week 2
The second weekend of the Barbados Tennis Association Republic Bank competition saw Paragon, Barbados Yacht Club, Tennis Centre and Ocean View clubs prevailing over their competition.
• Tennis Centre beat the Summerhayes Club 45 games to 38 games – In the closest tie of the second round, the Tennis Centre earned a tough win over defending champions Summerhayes with the former winning the women’s singles, both men’s doubles and the mixed doubles, while Summerhayes prevailed in the men’s singles and both women’s doubles.
• Paragon defeated St James Racquet Club 53 games to 27 games – Paragon, the visiting team won all matches with the exception of the women’s singles
• Ocean View beat the Windward Club 56 games to 31 games – Ocean View won all matches with the exception of the men’s singles
• Barbados Yacht Club defeated UWI 47 games to 33 games – BYC won the women’s singles, one of the men’s doubles and both of the women’s doubles while UWI won the men’s singles, the other men’s doubles and the mixed doubles.
Round 3 of the Interclub competition continues the weekend of 1 March:
• Ocean View hosts Paragon
• Barbados Yacht Club hosts Summerhayes
• Windward hosts UWI
• Tennis Centre hosts St James Racquet Club
Points and standings based on games won are as follows:
Position Club Games Won
1 Ocean View 103
2 Paragon 99
3 Tennis Centre 95
4 Barbados Yacht Club 87
5 Windward 80
6 UWI 77
7 Summerhayes 73
8 St James Racquet Club 54
Full schedule can be found at following link:
2014 Inter Club Schedule
This year’s Barbados Junior International (ITF) tournament runs from April 14-19, 2014 with the U18 qualifying and U14 round robin events starting on Saturday, April 12, 2014.
The Fact Sheets for both the U18 and U14 events can be found below:
2014 BJI U18s Fact Sheet
2014 BJI U14s Fact Sheet
U18 Entries close on Tuesday March 18, 2014 at 10.00 am Barbados time.
Under 18 entries are to be made online through Player’s IPIN account.
Under 14 entry requests should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday March 24, 2014.
Note – To participate in the Wilson COTECC Circuit 14 & under division – Players must be born between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2003 and be 11 years old on the Monday when the main draw begins.
Tournament entry fees for both events are US$50 or Bds$100 and are to be paid at the official Sign In.