Dear Tennis Family and Friends,
The long awaited National Tennis Centre (NTC) expansion project is due to start on Monday August 10, 2020 and we cannot wait to see the 3 additional courts and enhanced Clubhouse. The project is expected to conclude within 7 1/2 months.
While the use of the existing four courts will continue, there will be some disruption during the phased construction work. Please therefore note the following:
- Members, parents and visitors are asked to park to the north-east of the Club House or in the Gymnasium’s car park.
- Access to the NTC will either be from the north-east door of the Club House or from the south gate facing the Aquatic Centre, which is between the Centre Court (Court 1) and Court 2.
- Construction equipment will mainly use the west entrance to the NTC, which is the entrance facing the old Barbados External Telecommunications (BET) building, now housing the medical school. Parking facing the north of Courts 2, 3 and 4 will no longer be permitted.
- While dust is expected to be kept to a minimum, we encourage our guests and patrons who suffer from asthma and other respiratory illnesses to be cautious.
We will keep you informed of any developments.
Do you want to see more about BTA Activities?
- DAVIS CUP TIME AGAIN – September 17 – 18 2021
- 2020 Maskquerade Fundraising Dinner and Auction – Saturday December 12, 2020 – 6.30pm – Hilton Hotel
- FORTRESS/NASSCO PART 2 – Action Starts October 14 2020
- Fortress/Nassco PART 2 – October 14 – 28 2020
- WINDWARD 3-PEAT! – Windward Agencies INTERCLUB Competition 2020