On June 26 2020 the International Tennis Federation (ITF) announced that the 2020 Davis Cup Finals and the 2020 Fed Cup Finals will not happen before 2021.
2020 DAVIS CUP FINALS TO BE POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
” This is a tough decision to have to make, but delivering an international team event on this scale while guaranteeing the health and safety of all involved ultimately poses too great a risk. It is a complex undertaking and we have made the decision now to provide certainty for players, National Associations and fans.” (Click here read the full ITF Release re 2020 Davis Cup Finals)
2020 FED CUP FINALS RESCHEDULED FOR 2021
“In these extraordinary times, we believe that the best way forward in order both to protect the healthy and safety of all involved and to best respect the integrity of the competition is to extend this year’s Fed Cup into 2021, with the event returning to an annual basis the following year.” (Click here read the full ITF Release re 2020 Fed Cup Finals)
Barbados Tennis Association
Do you want to see more posts related to the ITF?
- ITF World Coaches Conference 2021
- Return to Tennis with a quality concept!
- 2020 DAVIS CUP & FED CUP FINALS TO OCCUR IN 2021
- Tennis Courts Across Barbados Remain Closed!
- ITF Academy -Course for Tennis Parents Now Available
- ITF launches Rules of Tennis App!
- ITF Academy Educational Resources Made Available for FREE
- ITF Worldwide Coaches Conference 2019